Thursday, September 19, 2013

Time to Recharge




Fall container


purple and white ornamental cabbage for fall gardens -

This week has kicked my butt.  Work is booming--which is great, but my gas tank is on empty right now, especially when it comes to all the little "extras" that go along with my profession.  All week long I have been spinning ideas for an interesting and inspiring post, but each time I start mulling over the details, I've realized that the topic was going to require more effort than I could muster at the moment.

I usually draft my posts on Thursday afternoons, when my son is in preschool for a couple hours.  Today though, the sun was shining, the weather was unseasonably warm and I thought, "Forget the blog, I'm going for a walk!"  Decision made.  No regrets.  The walk was glorious and just what I needed to clear my head.  I felt inspired by the whispers of Fall, the seasonal color, and the new decorative pots neighbors are sporting by their front doors.  I thought to myself, "That's what I'll do this afternoon.  I'll buy new plants for my pots out front."  I picked up my youngest son from preschool and we ran our errands.  I even stopped by the hardware store and looked at plants.  But that nagging little voice in my head said, "Don't bother buying them today.  You don't have the time or energy." Usually I don't listen to that voice, but today I did.

Then tonight, I was supposed to go to a design-related event at a big appliance showroom.  I have been pumped about this event for weeks and was really looking forward to attending.  They were previewing all the latest home appliance models and the sneak peak could have made for an awesome design post.  But when 4:00 pm rolled around (about the time I should have been getting ready to go), where was I?  Crashed out on the couch.  Like I said, this week has kicked my butt.

Now I'm feeling guilty.  I got nothing.  Even a super-mom/designer-extraordinaire like me has her limits. :-) Next week will be better, I promise.  I'll buy my plants, do some potting, pump out more great design ideas for my clients, and share photo updates of some of the fun projects that are sapping my energy at the moment.  There's good stuff just around the corner.  With two homes under construction, a third about to break ground, and a handful of home decor projects underway, there's bound to be something exciting to share.  For now, I'll hit the hay, get some much-needed rest, and dream of a pretty Fall garden.
container gardening & those lanterns

No comments:

Post a Comment